Sunday, December 6, 2009

Weekly Update...

How far along? 17 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +6lbs
Maternity clothes? Yup, this week the pre-preggo shirts started to make me look like a sausage so they might be rotated out of the closet soon. For all those pregnancy books that stated, “You might need to look into shopping for maternity clothes this week” I say BITE ME.
Stretch marks? None yet, thank goodness! *slathers on more lotion in a pointless attempt to hide from the stretchies*
Sleep: Ugh…not pleasant. The baby book said to stop sleeping on my back so I’ve been *trying* to incorporate sleep on my sides. So far I’m at a 50% success rate.
Since I wake up pretty often, I’ve been dreaming A LOT! Very, very weird dreams. I am one of those people who NEVER dreams so this has been a whole new, very interesting, experience. I’ve been thinking of leaving a small notebook by the bed to start jotting down the dreams as I remember them. That would make for an interesting post.
Best moment this week: Dana and I bought “our” Christmas present. It’s the coolest camera EVER! Of course it has way too many buttons, and I’m completely at a loss in how to use it, but I love it nonetheless.
Woes: Trying to figure out where to put everything that has to be moved out of the baby room. Dana and his brother moved the “extra” stuff out of the room today. The junk room is starting to look more like a future nursery. Pictures to come.
Movement: None :-(
Food cravings: Sweets. It’s embarrassing how many candy canes I’ve eaten this last week…which might have something to do with outgrowing pre-preggo shirts…hmm…
Gender: I’m thinking girl this week. Maybe it’s the cravings for sweets. You know, “Sugar and spice and everything nice.”
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? IN
What I miss: energy
What I am looking forward to: Finding out gender so I can start decorating the nursery!!
Weekly Wisdom: Mother-in-law said not to worry too much about sleeping on my back! Take that pregnancy book!!
Milestones: I think I’ve finally told all of my clients about the baby. Number one response: “Yeah, I knew you looked like you had gained some weight…” Thanks. Thanks a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment