Sunday, November 22, 2009

Week 15 Update

Sunday marks the new week for us so here is the belly picture.  I fear as if I've started something I will regret :-)


Week 15








I added a “Woe” category to the weekly survey. I realize that it’s the longest part this week, and I shall strive to be more positive next week!!


How far along? 15 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: ::shrugs::I think around 5-6lbs still. Have to admit I wussed out on the scale this morning.
Maternity clothes? Yup. Still just pants though. Pre-preggo tops fit just fine.
Stretch marks? Nope! Bought some super nice lotion last week that makes me smell like (Dana’s word) a “dessert.” I understand that if they actually made a lotion of some kind that really worked on stretch marks the creator would rival Bill Gate’s fortune, but I feel the need to be proactive even if it is a futile attempt.
Sleep: Pretty good minus the 3AM bathroom break and the kitten that wakes up the whole house at 4:30AM.
Best moment this week: NEW MOON!!!!! ::sigh::
Woes: Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. What is up with this new 2nd trimester puking?!? I had my fair share of nausea during 1st trimester and (thank goodness) managed to avoid the toilet bowl hover. All that went away around 11 weeks…or so I was fooled into believing. Oh you tricky, tricky pregnancy. You won’t foil me again!!! I’ve thrown up in the evenings a few times for the past week! It’s awful. On a brighter note, once I puke I feel MUCH better! The other downside recently is my lovely blood pressure. Started off with a little dizziness and increased heart rate when I got up at night to pee. That progressed to happening whenever I lay down in the evenings and now it’s been rearing its ugly head in the afternoons, particularly if I’ve been standing a tad too long. It’s trying to creep up into the daytime!! Back you low blood pressure! Back!! But, uh, don’t get too high or anything…let’s just try to avoid the extremes shall we?
Movement: No movement yet
Food cravings: Tomato based things like spaghetti and salsa
Gender: Boy. No, girl. Uhh…boy. I have no clue. Oh dear, does this indecisiveness and lack of maternal instinct already make me a bad mother?
Labor Signs: Nope!
Belly Button in or out? In!
What I miss: *gazes longingly at the holiday wine we purchased a few weeks ago*
What I am looking forward to: Thanksgiving dinner. Bring on the green bean casserole and pecan pie!!
Weekly Wisdom: Mom told me to eat more often. I think she might be correct…
Milestones: We started working towards getting little baby Beard’s nursery completed. NOWHERE near done but at least we made slight progress.

1 comment:

  1. You are so hilarious and you look great! I can't wait to see the belly pics as you progress! :)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete