Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Against all common sense and rational thought we decided to take Sage to Biloxi, MS for Thanksgiving. In case you aren't familiar with state abbreviations that MS stands for MISSISSIPPI (or M-I-crooked letter-crooked letter-I-crooked letter-crooked letter-I-hump back-hump back-I if you would rather). My brother is stationed at Keesler Air Force Base and he has YET TO MEET the brilliance that we call Sage. 
It's not completely his fault.
He went into basic training when she was only a couple weeks old.
Anyhow, Me, Dana, Sage, my dad and my stepmother all pilled into their truck and headed down the road for the 12 hour drive.
Yup, 12 hours.
Yuck.
Against all odds Sage was EXCELLENT! She got a bit fussy a few times each way but was consolable. She really didn't even let out any real good screams. \
I contribute it to good snacks and kissing her feet.
I dunno why but for some reason she thinks it's great fun if you kiss her feet.
I do what the baby likes.
Along with seeing uncle Brandon we got to see Sage's cousin Holly again! She was very nice to let Sage play with all of her toys. There was only minor snatching and grabbing involved :)
Here are some pictures:





4 comments:

  1. Wow! My sister lives Very close to biloxi and invited everyone over for thanksgiving. i refuse to drive that far. yikes! Glad you had fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an awful drive Carla. Don't do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, stop crying over spilled water, when I was your age I walked 20 miles to school. Got a apple and orange for christmas and ate my first steak when I was 18. Driving to Biloxi in Grand style, a silverado for 5 with TV to boot, oh ya, when I was your age we only had 3 chanels, and by the way, I can't believe you ate all your Waffle house food, thats not right. And I really had to go to the bathroom, really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am impressed that you even attempted that! And I am so happy you got to see your brother too!

    ReplyDelete