Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mommy Fail

We got about 3 inches of snow two days ago. It's been SO FREAKING COLD out here that it has stuck around. It's still all soft, white and lovely-especially on the top of my car-that has not moved since the snow.

I had a doctors appointment today so we bundled up and left the house. When we pulled into the doctor's parking lot I grabbed Sage out from the carseat, strapped her in the stroller, bundled her toys and blankets all around her, and shut the car door. Half a second after I shut the car door all of the snow that was on top of the car, all 3 inches of it, fell right from the top of the SUV and onto my baby. The doctor's office is only about 2 miles away from our apartment and I was driving so slow and cautious that I suppose I didn't gain enough speed for it to blow off the top.
She just stared at me-looking all betrayed.
Mommy Fail.

3 comments:

  1. Aww.
    Dahlia (my 1 year old) ran her hand through the snow as I carried her to the car this morning. Then she was upset that her hand was wet and cold.
    Babies and snow don't mix as well as toddlers and snow. Next year your lawn will be covered in toddler sized snow angels just like mine is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no that face sounds cute/adorable. But Oh no poor little Sage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lololololololololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all i can say!

    ReplyDelete