Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekly Update

How far along? 30 weeks....eek! The big 3.0. Bring on the upcoming slowest ten weeks of my life. Anyone have any suggestions about something I can do to make the time go by faster?
Total weight gain/loss: HA! Not telling! Classified information! Let's just say that if an increase the size of the last increase appears on the scale again the doctor has threatened to send me to the nutritionist who will make me *gasp* keep a food journal. This will not be pretty...especially since my dear momma brought me my Easter basket (yes, my momma still gets me an Easter basket. don't hate.)...I've had about 7 truffles and some tasty jelly beans today. The nutritionist would not approve. Easter basket haters those nutritionists they are....
Maternity clothes? Oh yes, although I noticed this week that I still have a couple pre-pregnancy tops that I can still wear. They are getting a tad short in the front and the poor things will never fit again now that they're all stretched out...but whatever, I'll tell that to the nutritonist. "See lady, I can still wear my pre-prego top. Don't make me jot down my food choices...the baby NEEDED those 7 double chocolate milkshakes from last week..."
Stretch marks? None!
Sleep: Not great...but I think I'm getting used to it because it doesn't bug me as much as when it first started. I'm still waking up every few hours because I'm all uncomfortable and have to flop over or move around some. Dana is taking it like a champ considering that each time I roll over he loses the covers...sorry babe!
Best moment this week: Would you think less of me if I said my Easter basket? You would wouldn't you? Dang...uhh....I can't think of anything else.
Woes: Still feeling pretty sore around my ribcage area.
Movement: She is wiggling all over the place. Mostly in the evenings and at night though...which has me concerned considering that I *assume* she'll continue this once she's born. At this moment there is something lodged up in the right side of my rib cage...ouch...ouch...ouch...Pardon me as I type the rest of this while leaning to the left. I'm hoping that it might open up a tad more room for her over there...she tends to prefer the right side.
Food cravings: None
Gender: GIRL! Although....I did have a dream last night that when she was born she was really a he. The ultrasound tech was wrong in her gender determination. It scared me a tad considering how much pink is now in that room...I've kept the receipts though!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? Still in...but mighty shallow. When I showed it to my momma she just kinda giggled...I don't think that's a good sign for my belly button. 
What I miss: Sunshine and warm weather! Or maybe I just miss weather consistency...It snowed here this week and now 4 days later it's in the high 60s. Seriously weather? Stop that!
What I am looking forward to: I have a baby shower at work coming up! I don't plan on it being anything big and exciting as there are only a handful of people that even work out of that office but my future nutritionist cannot begrudge me some cupcakes at my own baby shower right??
Weekly Wisdom: I feel some quotes from my doctor would be fitting for a weekly wisdom. Quote #1: "You think your boobs have gotten big now? Just wait till you start breastfeeding..." Quote #2 "Just replace some of your foods with low-calorie alternatives and you'll be fine!!"  Right.....thanks.....
Milestones: 3/4 the way through pregnancy at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment