Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Doctor Visit Part 2

Well.....it didn't go quite as planned.

I got threatened to be sent to a nutritionist because I ate like a pig and it showed on the scale might have gained a tad too much weight in the last month...oops. I think the only thing that saved me was the fact that I fessed up about all the junk food I've been indulging in. If I'd have gone the whole "Well, I have no clue why that gigantic number appeared on the scale nice doctor..." route I'd have been sent straight away to the nutritionist. And then I'd have to keep a food journal...
No.Way.Jose.
Honesty is the best policy. I got a lecture but I lived through it. And I've been banned from taking leftover pizza to work anymore. And banned from Milky Ways. And banned from girlscout cookies (HA! I ate them all already! Boo yeah!) And banned from that great fast food joint down the road that makes the BEST milkshakes (oops...Dana is reading over my shoulder and vetoed that ban. Knew I married him for a reason...).
Who else thinks my doctor is evil satanic just plain cruel?
The good news is that I have excellent blood pressure and a had a great number on my diabetes test. Yay me! The doctor said she's not too concerned about my weight because the baby is growing normally and all my vitals and scores and such are fine. She basically just said I should slow down because it'll be not so fun to try to lose it all afterwards.

As for my whine fest....I read her totally wrong. She was NOT sympathetic to my complaints. Here is the short version of what happened...
Me: *whine, whine, whine, whine, whine*
Doctor: Oh yeah, I remember feeling all that when I was pregnant.
Me: *whine, whine, whine, whine...but with far less conviction and starting to lose my nerve*
Doctor: Yep, sounds like you're pregnant. Sucks to be you!
Me: ::insert blank stare because I did not come prepared with a plan B::
Doctor: See you in 4 weeks!
Me: ::waddles out the door::

Must find new way of gaining sympathy from doctor...

No comments:

Post a Comment