Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hypochondriac...

So....I just might have convinced myself I was developing preeclampsia and going into pre-term labor a few days ago. 
At this point I think I'm wrong...
Well, I'm pretty sure I'm wrong.
Ok, fine. I'm wrong and just plain silly...
I was doing my little weekly reading in all my little pregnancy books when they started talking about that darned preeclampsia and lo and behold one of the symptoms is pain in your right side at your rib cage. For anyone that's talked to me in the last two weeks my ribs are KILLIN' me! Especially the right side, because this child looooooves that side. I seriously wonder if my belly button will ever return to center...
I'm not joking. I have witnesses! You can poke at my left side and it's kinda soft and squishy...but poke the right side and it's super hard and there are some sort of body parts over there. The child is all wadded up on the right.  She tried to kung-fu my stepmom for mashing on her the other day. But I digress...
Back to my development of hypochondriasis preeclampsia.
So, I tucked this little tidbit of knowledge away in the depths of my brain and kept on going with my day. And later I had a few Braxton-Hicks. Oh. My. Gawd. I'm. In. Labor!!
(Ok...I'm exagerating slightly. I really didn't think that 100% but it's making the story better right? I probably only about 23% believed it. I still have excellent blood pressure which I believe is one of the first things to go in preeclampsia)
So what did I do?
I went shopping.
It seemed logical at the time.
I figured, I don't have anything packed to take to the hospital if I really do have to go.
So I bought a ton of those cute travel size toiletries at the store

Long story short, it seemed a lot more urgent at the time but looking back I think I made up some symptoms in order to go shopping...

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your diagnosis... girl needed to shop! I had fun picking out all the mini-toiletries too. I can't believe you are getting so close. I hope you aren't too tortured by those BH contractions!! Rach

    ReplyDelete